Adventive's Template Manager provides the user with the ability to select any of the currently available IAB standard ad templates, or create a new custom template.
WATCH VIDEO (shown with previous builder icons)
Create New File / Templates
Upon clicking Builder at the top of the Dashboard, the Create New File/Template window will pop up:
From here you can:
Create a New File – this is the default selection and allows you to create any format ad unit.
To Create a New File, type in the name of your ad, then go to the Format dropdown and make your selection based on the type of ad you are creating:
For this example, we chose Expandable. You can choose default dimensions or “Custom” based on what the size of your ad will be/your site specs.
Formats to Select From (see Adventive Ad Gallery for examples):
- Outstream Video - in-feed video ads often placed between articles, paragraphs of text or images on a site.
- Banner – Single screen, non-expanding in-page units.
- Expandable – served into any ad placement – they can expand to any size in any direction.
- Pushdown – loads as a 970x90 or 970x60 teaser and, on click, hover, timed or in view, pushes down the page content to reveal a 970x415 ad.
- Takeover - loads as a teaser with a wallpaper (two floating gutters on each side of the center content area) and on click, hover, or timed it pushes down the page content to reveal a large ad (per site specs). The Skin (Wallpaper) portion of this format can be either images or a video wall.
- Interstitial – fully-responsive, between-the-page units that require user action to proceed and can incorporate rich media. Can also overlay/float and expand to cover page content and close into a standard in-page ad on click, hover, or timed.
- Wallpaper – a rich media site skin that allows the integration of interactive elements such as video, social feeds and more.
- Adhesion – always visible and anchored at the edge of the screen – is responsive, dynamically resizing for device orientation. On click, hover, timed or in view, this unit can also expand into a Full Page Flex unit.
- Full Page Flex – fully-responsive, automatically resizing depending on device or screen-orientation. Flex covers 100% of screen.
- Marquee –full screen units that ‘bleed’, with the middle of the unit acting as a ‘safe area’ for content. The Marquee also introduces adaptive expand and collapse buttons. The action buttons are anchored at the edge of the viewable screen and automatically shift according to screen size.
- Overtake - Full-width responsive unit. Covers 100% of screen.
- Sticky Sidebar - slides into view on the left or right side of the page and moves with the page content.
- Scroller Reveal - non-intrusive and scrolls into view and reveals the ad unit as a user scrolls through content. This format is automatically responsive and can be used with any of the components Adventive offers today. A single screen canvas will display after you create your new file.
Backup Image – any images that are sized equal to your screen one dimensions will populate here. You can also add a backup in the builder under general properties. This will serve if a user is on an older browser and cannot view the ad.
Click URL (this can be changed later) - Default click URL. Any area of the ad unit that does not already have an associated click action will default to this URL. Fallback image clicks will also direct here.
Click Submit to Save.
Recent Files – Displays your 10 most recently edited ad creatives. You can sort by Name, Size, and Date Last Modified. Select your file asset, click “Submit” and it will load in the Builder.
Saved Files – Loads all ad units associated with the advertiser. You can sort by Name, Size, and Date Last Modified. Double click an ad or select and click “Submit” and it will load in the Builder.
Saved Templates – if selected, this will bring up any saved templates you have. Select a template and click “Submit”. A window will pop up asking you to name the File and either “Overwrite Template” or “Save as new file”. Make your selection, then click Save.
NOTE: Saving Templates is great if you have the same type of ad actions and you don’t want to build from scratch every time. To create a new template, build or open an ad (see above instructions) and select “Save As” from the Tools Menu. A window will appear:
Save as template – this will save your file as a template within the Advertiser.
Save as global template – this will save your file as a template across all of your advertisers (you can save actions and not have to rebuild ads - just swap assets, etc.).