The Sticky Sidebar ad format slides into view on the left or right side of the page and will follow the user as they scroll. A single screen canvas will display after you create your new file.
This article will walk you through creating a sticky sidebar unit using Adventive’s Sticky Sidebar template.
Sticky Sidebar Ad Unit
In the Builder, Create a New File, type in File Name, and select Sticky Sidebar from the dropdown.
Select ad dimensions or click custom to enter your own.
Backup Image – Any image asset that matches the dimensions you’ve entered will be displayed in the dropdown list. You can select one here or add a backup in the builder under general properties in the “Fallback Image” field. This Backup Image will be displayed if the user’s browser is out of date and cannot support HTML5.
Click URL – The default click URL. The click URL is automatically applied to any area of the ad unit without an associated click or event action (i.e. buttons, hitboxes, expand actions etc.). Users that click on the fallback image will also be directed to this URL.
Setting Up Your Canvas
A blank canvas will load onto the screen. This is where you'll place your ad content.
Ad Properties (In the Properties panel to the right of the Builder)
Width and Height
The Width and Height of your canvas will be the sizes you choose from the Create New File template. You can change these at any time.
Opacity of the ad canvas
Selecting this option will automatically scale the ad screen to the size of the user’s browser.
Click to change or update the name of your ad
Default Click URL
Click to change or update the default click URL
UPDATE: You can now choose to have the Default Url open in a “New Tab” or the “Same Tab” by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the “Open In” field in General Properties:
Click to add or update your fallback image. This will open your assets, displaying only images that are identically sized to the initial load screen dimensions of your ad unit.
Sticky Sidebar Settings
- Position – choose from the dropdown to have the Sticky Sidebar ad either scroll up from the Right or Left side of the page
- Reveal Speed – select the speed (in seconds) the ad comes into view
- Top Bar Color - click in the box to change the top bar color
- Hide Close Button - if selected, the default “x” close button will not appear
- Close Button Icon - click the input box to upload a custom close button icon image here (the asset manager will open, just select or upload the image you want to use)
- Lock to Bottom - if checked, the ad will not follow the viewer's page scrolling - the ad will remain locked to the bottom corner of the page
- Close on Timer – automatically closes the ad after a specified number of seconds
- Timer Color - click in the box to change the timer color
- Seconds – specify the number of seconds before auto closing the unit
- Show Timer – if selected, the timer will display in the Top Bar area of the ad
- Cancel on Engagement – cancels the close on timer action if the user engages with the ad unit – includes hovering over the ad for 2+ seconds
Click on the Asset icon and select or upload your asset.
Save the ad.
Go to the Preview icon to view the ad.