The Reveal (Scroller) ad format is non-intrusive and scrolls into view and reveals the ad unit as a user scrolls through content. This format is automatically responsive and can be used with any of the components Adventive offers today. A single screen canvas will display after you create your new file.
* Adventive recommends testing prior to your first campaign.
This article will walk you through creating a reveal unit using Adventive’s Reveal template.
Reveal (Static image):
Reveal (w/ Video Component):
Reveal Ad Unit
In the Builder, Create a New File, type in File Name, and select Reveal from the dropdown.
Select ad dimensions or click custom to enter your own.
Backup Image – Any image asset that matches the dimensions you’ve entered will be displayed in the dropdown list. You can select one here or add a backup in the builder under general properties in the “Fallback Image” field. This Backup Image will be displayed if the user’s browser is out of date and cannot support HTML5.
Click URL – The default click URL. The click URL is automatically applied to any area of the ad unit without an associated click or event action (i.e. buttons, hitboxes, expand actions etc.). Users that click on the fallback image will also be directed to this URL.
Setting Up Your Canvas
A blank canvas will load onto the screen. This is where you'll place your ad content.
Ad Properties (In the Properties panel to the right of the Builder)
Width and Height
The Width and Height of your canvas will be the sizes you choose from the Create New File template. You can change these at any time.
Opacity of the ad canvas
Responsive Screen (SELECT)
Selecting this option will automatically scale the ad screen to the size of the user’s browser.
Click to change or update the name of your ad
Default Click URL
Click to change or update the default click URL
UPDATE: You can now choose to have the Default Url open in a “New Tab” or the “Same Tab” by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the “Open In” field in General Properties:
Click to add or update your fallback image. This will open your assets, displaying only images that are identically sized to the initial load screen dimensions of your ad unit.
Reveal Settings (Example):
- Reveal Area – choose the % or pixel area of the screen that you want the reveal ad to display (i.e., 100%-full screen reveal, 50%-half of the screen will show the reveal, etc.)
- Show Header – select if you want a reveal header
- Header Text – click in the field to change the default “Advertisement” and type in new text for your Header area
- Show Header Shadow – select to add a shadow under the header area for it to appear raised above the content
- Header Background Color – click in the box to change the header background color
- Header Font Color – click in the box to change the header font color
- Show Footer – select if you want a reveal footer
- Footer Text – click in the field to change the default “Scroll to Continue with Content” and type in new text for the Footer
- Show Footer Shadow – select to add a shadow above the footer area for it to appear raised above the content
- Footer Background Color – click in the box to change the footer background color
- Footer Font Color – click in the box to change the footer font color
Click on the Asset icon and select or upload your asset.
Save the ad.
Reveal Ad's should be trafficked to a container inside of the content section where you would like the reveal to load. Typically ads are placed mid-content on mobile devices such that they temporarily interrupt the content, allowing the user to continue to scroll to get through the ad and resume reading the content.