Delivery Groups allow you to traffic multiple creatives across mobile, tablet and desktop with a single ad tag. Depending on the browser size and algorithm chosen, Adventive will automatically deliver the appropriate ad unit.
You can manage and create delivery groups by clicking on the Delivery Groups tab at the top of the campaign page in a new or existing campaign.
To create a new delivery group, click the + icon located just below the campaign header on the right side of the page or click the blue “click here” link in the middle of the page.
A popup window will open. Give your group a name and select a delivery group type:
- Evenly: this selection will automatically distribute impression equally between all creatives in a group.
- Engagement Optimized: Creatives will be optimized according to engagement rate (ER = Total Engagements/Total Impressions). Creatives with the highest engagement rate will be served more often, and Adventive will automatically phase out poorly performing creatives.
- Click Optimized: Creatives will be optimized according to click-through rate (CTR = Click-throughs/Impressions). Creatives with the highest click-through rate will be served more often, and Adventive will automatically phase out poorly performing creatives.
- Weighted: If you select weighted rotation, each creative will rotate based on the frequency you specify. You can set frequency once you’ve selected the ad units for the group.
- Responsive Orientation: you can choose landscape or portrait and Adventive will serve the appropriate ad according to page layout.
- Responsive Width: you can choose where the ad will display (mobile, desktop, tablet) and set the breakpoints (you can replace the default placeholders).
Weighted Delivery Group + Settings
If you select weighted rotation, each creative will rotate based on the frequency you specify. You can set frequency once you’ve selected the ad units for the group.
Type in a Name, select Weighted, and set the width and height, then click submit.
The Delivery Group placeholder will now be displayed. Anything underlined is inline editable.
Next, add the ad units to the Delivery Group by clicking the Click Here in green, or selecting Add Ad Units from the Delivery Group Actions dropdown menu (Click the 3 dots to the far right).
The created Delivery Group will now be displayed. From here, you can edit anything underlined, including changing the weight of each ad by clicking in the field:
Editing Delivery Groups
To add additional ad units to your group, click the + icon located to the far right of the group name or Add Ad Units from the Delivery Group Actions menu.
To delete a delivery group, select Delete Delivery Group from the Delivery Group Actions menu.
Adding A Delivery Group to A Campaign
Delivery Groups may be added to any placement. To add a Delivery Group, click the + icon located to the right of the placement name or select Add Delivery Group from the Placement Actions dropdown menu.
Click on the Sites + Placements tab
Add the Delivery Group to the placement selecting Add Delivery Group from the Placement Actions dropdown menu. (click the 3 dots to the far right of the Placement line item).
A window will pop up showing the Delivery Group you created. Select it by clicking it and then Submit:
The Delivery Group will now show in your campaign associated with the Placement:
Preview and test your Delivery Group from the Delivery Groups tab. Click on the Preview Icon in the right corner Drag the bottom right corner of your preview screen to change the breaks and see the different creatives: