To the Right of the Builder is the Properties Panel. This is dynamic depending on the screen/layer you have selected and will automatically change accordingly, bringing up settings for the current Tools/Components selected.
From here you can:
- View/Change Current Width/Height – of your canvas, or the asset you have selected.
- View/Change X/Y Axis – shows the location of the object on the canvas.
- Change Transparency – by percentage (O% full transparency up to 100% invisible).
- Edit Rotation – set rotation degree (0-360˚).
- Responsive Screen – if selected, it will auto-scale your ad unit (excluding Wallpapers) according to the browser dimensions of the user. If you have several screens, be sure to select this for each screen. * If the ad format is already a fully responsive format, this box will not appear as the format will automatically be responsive.
- Z-Index Override - if selected, a field will appear giving you the ability to adjust
- Sticky Ad - Sticky ads stick to the top of the page instead of scrolling off screen. See article on Sticky Ad for settings. If you do not have this option, the ad format you’ve selected cannot be made sticky.
- Ad Name – current ad name. Click to edit / rename the ad.
- Default Click URL – current default url that applies to your backup image as well as for the area of the ad unit without any action on it.
You can choose to have the Default Url open in a “New Tab” or the “Same Tab” by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the “Open In” field in General Properties:
- Fallback Image – the backup image that will show if the the user is using an old browser cannot display HTML5
- Border Size – border size in pixels
- Border Color – you can choose a color by clicking in the box
- Fill Color – you can click on the box and choose a fill color
- Gradient, you can Choose a Gradient Color and Rotation – set gradient color and rotation
Color Picker - once you click in the Border Color or Fill Color box - you can select a color, type in the hex number, or click in the white rectangle/bottom left to bring up the color picker:
Select the color picker icon and place it over any area in the builder of the color you wish to select. The info and object selected will change to the color of what you have selected to match.
Float Element - you can select an object and pin it to an area of the ad (great for button images within the Marquee, Scroller Reveal, and Wallpaper formats):
A corresponding Actions box with fields will appear in the Properties Panel depending on what you have selected on your canvas.
A few examples:
Set Different Actions:
- Click to Email - opens an email prompt easily allowing user to connect via email.
- Open URL – directs users to an external URL
- Go To Screen – opens another screen within the ad
- Open Overlay – will open another overlay screen
- Open as Full Page Flex – will open another screen as full page flex creative
- Call – for mobile, “tap to call”.
- Close Ad - will close the ad when a viewer selects the area with this action set to it
- Add to Calendar - will add an event to the viewers calendar
- Action on Video Completion - set a corresponding action to a video when it completes
Other Fields examples - * Also see Actions:
- A few examples:
- Action On – how the action will happen – choose click, hover over, hover off, timed, or in view.
- Transition – type of transition – choose slide, fade or push.
- Transition type – how fast the effect of the animation happens.
- Frequency – choose the frequency of the action (i.e., always expand, once a day, etc.).
- Delay – put in a delay in seconds (i.e., if you have a 15sec video, you can set this to 15s so the expandable will not close until after the video has played, or the ad has rotated through, etc.).
- Cancel on Engagement – select if the action should stop once the viewer has engaged with the ad (for more than 2 seconds).
- Report Label – select if you want to track users interacting/expanding, etc.